Tonight I’m making lamb sliders with yogurt-tahini sauce. It’s a quick, easy and healthy recipe that will make a great dinner for your family.
The tahini sauce is a delicious complement to the lamb and the yogurt adds a Greek yogurt tang to the sliders. The recipe takes just a couple of minutes to make and can be stored in the fridge for a few days.
I’ve been craving lamb lately, which I never thought I’d say. I was craving it so much that I decided to make some sliders with yogurt tahini sauce.
The sauce is simple, but it adds such a unique flavor to the lamb. I served these sliders with some pita chips, but they would also be delicious on a bun or even just with some greens and a side of sauce.
Step By Step Guide Lamb Sliders with Yogurt-Tahini Sauce
Step One Make the sauce:
In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and salt until combined; set mixture aside.
Step Two Make the lamb patties:
reheat grill t (400°F to 450°F). Place lamb into a large bowl. Add pine nuts, za’atar, salt, garlic, and pepper; mix them until well combined. Divide mixture evenly into 8 (31/2-ounce) portions; shape each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Arrange patties on oiled grates; grill, covered, until well marked and a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion of meat registers 125°F, 3 to 4 minutes per side, brushing patties evenly with pomegranate molasses during final 1 to 2 minutes of grill time.
Step Three Make the salad
In a medium bowl, combine lettuce, cucumbers, and onion; drizzle with oil and lemon juice, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Gently toss to coat. Serve salad with lamb patties and sauce.
I’ve been craving lamb sliders lately. I love the flavor of yogurt tahini sauce, but I’ve been trying to cut down on dairy. I came up with this recipe to combine the best of both worlds. The yogurt tahini sauce is a great balance of sweet and tangy.
Tips – Lamb Sliders with Yogurt-Tahini Sauce
Grilled lamb with the addition of finely chopped mint or parsley gives it a more traditional Middle Eastern flavor.
Instead of sourcing individual spices, you may buy a premade lamb seasoning blend from the shop.
These sliders are delicious with ground lamb, but ground beef or turkey work just as well. You should simply modify the cooking time to suit.
You may prepare the yogurt-tahini sauce a week in advance and keep it in the fridge. You may also use it as a spread for sandwiches and wraps, or as a dip for veggies.
Lamb Sliders with Yogurt Tahini Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup plain whole-milk strained Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1 garlic clove grated (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/4 tbsp kosher salt
- 11/2 pound ground lamb
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted pine nuts (from 1 cup pine nuts) (see Note)
- 2 tbsp za'atar
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp garlic cloves, grated
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 4 cup torn romaine lettuce leaves (from 1 head lettuce)
- 11/2 cup sliced Persian cucumbers
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 11/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Whisk together yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and salt in a medium bowl until combined; set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high (400°F to 450°F). Place lamb in a large bowl. Add pine nuts, za'atar, salt, garlic, and pepper; mix with your hands until well combined. Divide mixture evenly into 8 (31/2-ounce) portions; shape each portion into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- Arrange patties on oiled grates; grill, covered, until well marked and a thermometer inserted in thickest portion of meat registers 125°F, 3 to 4 minutes per side, brushing patties evenly with pomegranate molasses during final 1 to 2 minutes of grill time. Transfer cooked patties to a large platter.
- Toss together lettuce, cucumbers, and onion in a medium bowl until combined. Drizzle with oil and lemon juice, and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss gently to coat. Serve salad with lamb patties and sauce.
- Sauce can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 2 days.
Sliders made with lamb and a yogurt-tahini sauce are a savory alternative to the standard hamburger. These little sandwiches can be served as a gourmet starter at a summertime barbecue or as a light snack during the warmer months. The delicious grilled lamb is elevated by the addition of aromatic spices and a creamy, tangy sauce, creating a really memorable and gratifying supper.
These lamb sliders will satisfy your craving for something different from the standard fare of hamburgers and hot dogs. So call up some pals and fire up the barbecue to try out this dish. Don’t worry; it’s all worth it. Here’s wishing you a wonderful meal!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?