I’m eager to share my pizza sub recipe because I love comfort food. I’ve always loved this delicious panini. It’s the ideal blend of gooey cheese, savory pizza sauce, and tasty toppings on a soft sub roll.
I’ve made these subs for family meals, potlucks, and quick lunches. They always get rave remarks and empty plates. These pizza subs are popular.
Last week, I made these subs for a small get-together with pals, and they loved them. I gave one buddy the recipe. Even novice cooks can make them easily. Anyone can make a tasty pizza sub in minutes with a few easy ingredients and some basic cooking skills.
How to Make Pizza Sub
I’m going to tell you how to make the best pizza sandwiches ever. I love this tasty burger, and I’m confident that you will too after giving it a try.
I will explain how to create pizza subs at home, address some common concerns, and provide some suggestions for improving the final product.
Pizza Sub Ingredients
- Sub rolls (1 per sandwich)
- Pizza sauce (2-3 tbsp per sandwich)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese (1/2 cup per sandwich)
- Pepperoni (6-8 slices per sandwich)
- Sliced mushrooms (1/4 cup per sandwich)
- Sliced onions (1/4 cup per sandwich)
- Sliced bell peppers (1/4 cup per sandwich)
- Olive oil (1 tsp per sandwich)
- Salt (a pinch)
Step-by-Step Instructions to Make Pizza Subs
Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
Slice the sub rolls lengthwise, but not all the way through, so that they can be opened like a book. Place the sub rolls on a baking sheet.
Brush the insides of the sub rolls with olive oil, and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
Spread 2-3 tablespoons of pizza sauce on one side of each sub roll.
Layer the shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the pizza sauce.
Add the pepperoni slices, mushrooms, onions, and bell peppers on top of the cheese.
Close the sub rolls and wrap them tightly in foil.
Bake the subs in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Remove the subs from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before unwrapping them.
Slice the subs in half and serve hot.
Tips for Making Delicious Pizza Subs
- Use fresh, high-quality ingredients for the best flavor.
- Don’t overload the subs with toppings, or they will be difficult to eat and won’t cook evenly.
- Sauté fresh vegetables before adding them to the subs to remove excess moisture and prevent sogginess.
- Experiment with different toppings to create your unique pizza subs.
- Serve the subs with a side of marinara sauce for dipping.
How to Serve Pizza Subs
Pizza subs are perfect for a fast lunch or a relaxed dinner. They are versatile enough to be a main course when paired with a green salad and some chips. You can also offer them as an appetizer by cutting them into bite-sized pieces.
It’s a good idea to provide supplementary toppings and condiments, like grated Parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, and hot sauce, when pizza subs are served as a main meal. Your customers will appreciate being able to tailor their subs to their tastes.
As an appetizer, you can set out pizza slices on a platter or a big cutting board with a side of marinara sauce or ranch dressing. To add some color and flavor to the subs, you can sprinkle them with chopped fresh parsley or mint.
Some of My Pizza Subs Variations
Throw in some cooked and crumbled meat, pepperoni slices, and/or bacon crumbles for a heartier pizza sub-filling.
Sautéed mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, and whatever else you like can be piled high on your pizza sub if you want a vegetarian alternative.
Make a pizza sub with your preferred BBQ marinade instead of traditional pizza sauce. Chicken, red onions, and grated cheddar cheese, cooked and shredded, will go great on top.
Prepare a Philly-style sub by topping a sub bun with melted provolone cheese, pizza sauce, and thinly sliced steak that has been sautéed with onions and green peppers.
Sliced ham, pineapple, and mozzarella cheese on a pizza sub make for a tasty sweet-and-savory combo.
Pizza Subs Faq’s
Can I use a different type of cheese instead of mozzarella?
Yes, you can use any type of cheese you prefer, but mozzarella is the traditional choice for pizza subs.
Can I use a different type of meat instead of pepperoni?
Yes, you can use any type of meat you prefer, such as sausage or ham.
Can I use fresh vegetables instead of canned or frozen?
Yes, you can use fresh vegetables, but make sure to sauté them first to remove excess moisture.
Can I make pizza subs ahead of time and freeze them?
Yes, you can make the subs ahead of time and freeze them. Wrap them tightly in foil and store them in the freezer for up to 1 month. To reheat, bake in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for 20-25 minutes.
Mouthwatering Pizza Sub Recipe
- Sub rolls 1 per sandwich
- Pizza sauce 2-3 tbsp per sandwich
- Shredded mozzarella cheese 1/2 cup per sandwich
- Pepperoni 6-8 slices per sandwich
- Sliced mushrooms 1/4 cup per sandwich
- Sliced onions 1/4 cup per sandwich
- Sliced bell peppers 1/4 cup per sandwich
- Olive oil 1 tsp per sandwich
- Salt a pinch
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Slice the sub rolls lengthwise, but not all the way through, so that they can be opened like a book. Place the sub rolls on a baking sheet.
- Brush the insides of the sub rolls with olive oil, and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Spread 2-3 tablespoons of pizza sauce on one side of each sub roll.
- Layer the shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the pizza sauce.
- Add the pepperoni slices, mushrooms, onions, and bell peppers on top of the cheese.
- Close the sub rolls and wrap them tightly in foil.
- Bake the subs in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the subs from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before unwrapping.
- Slice the subs in half and serve hot.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?