Dig Inn’s charred chicken thigh recipe is a delicious and easy way to enjoy a juicy chicken dish. The dish is made by cooking the chicken thighs in a hot oven until they are crispy and charred. The recipe also contains delicious compound seasonings that add an extra level of flavour to the chicken.
If you’re looking for a delicious, easy way to make Dig Inn’s charred chicken thigh, then you need to try this recipe!
This dish is simple and perfect for any meal, and it’s sure to impress your friends and family. All you need are some fresh, whole chickens, a pan large enough to hold them all in, and some oil or cooking spray.
How To Make Dig inn charred chicken thigh
Follow this step-by-step guide to make a homemade dig inn charred chicken thigh.
1. Prep the chicken thighs. Take out the chicken thighs from the fridge and dry the surface with a piece of the paper tower. Cut the thigh meat into bite-sized pieces and set it aside.
Make the marinade. In a small frying pan and over low-medium heat, toast the fennel seeds and mustard seeds until fragrant, around 3 minutes. There is no need to use oil. Remove from the pan and let cool slightly. Pour the cooled spices, salt and pepper in a spice grinder and whiz until it becomes a coarse powder. If you don’t have a spice grinder, place the seasonings in a ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Pour the spice mix into a gallon ziplock bag, grate over the lemon peel, and add in the minced garlic, lemon juice and walnut oil.
Marinade the chicken thigh. Mix the contents of the ziplock bag together and add in your chicken thigh pieces. Allow to marinade for 20-30 minutes.
Roast the chicken. Heat a cast iron frying pan over high heat and let it rise to temperature for around 8-10 minutes. Pour a tablespoon of olive oil in the cast iron pan and swirl around. Add the chicken pieces and roast until golden and charred, 5-6 minutes. You may have to do this in batches, just don’t overcrowd the pan or the chicken will start steaming and won’t be crisp on the outside. Using kitchen tongs, flip the chicken pieces and cook for another 4-5 minutes, or until juices run clear.
Serve immediately with a salad and some sweet potatoes for a healthy and delicious dinner, and pack the rest for the next day’s lunch! Marinated chicken can be frozen for future use, simply thaw in the refrigerator and roast as directed.
Dig inn charred chicken thigh recipe copycat version
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- cup -1/4 cup chopped onion
- -2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- -8 chicken thighs skinless and boneless
- -1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- -1 cup chicken broth
- -1 tablespoon honey
- -1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until browned.
- In a small bowl, mix together the paprika, chili powder, smoked paprikka and onion. Add this mixture to the pan and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, honey, vinegar and salt and pepper, to taste. Pour this mixture into the pan with the chicken and stir to combine well.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?