This chicken Shawarma recipe from the Middle East makes an excellent meal you’ll want to make again and again.
I made pasta noodles from scratch using the leftover chicken. I repeated the spices I used on the chicken to flavour my sauce. I added turmeric, cumin, and coriander to the sauce I developed. The flavours are rich and spicy.
For the last step, I added the vegetables from my refrigerator. I added spinach because I love adding spinach to my pasta dishes. Also, I added yellow tomatoes because of the colour contrast it would create. I thought that this recipe had very unique.
Let’s make a chicken shawarma pasta recipe.
Chicken Shawarma Pasta Recipe
- 21/2 Cups semolina
- 3 piece eggs
- 6 tbsp water
- 1 As much chicken as you have left over.
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 3 cup coconut milk
- 1 bunch spinach
- 12 yellow tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Cojita cheese for garnish
- Place the flour, oil and eggs in the stand mixer.
- Add the water a teaspoon at a time until the dough comes together mostly.
- Pour on to a flour surface and start kneading the dough until the dough is formed.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pasta from the fridge and cut into 4 or 5 equal pieces.
- Using your Kitchen Aid pasta attachment, begin by stretching the pasta.
- After stretching the dough, it is ready to be cut using the fettuccine attachment.
- Boil water in a double boiler. Drop in the pasta and cook for 2 – 3 minutes until al dente.
- In a skillet, heat the oil and add the spinach and tomatoes.
- Cook until the spinach is wilted and the tomatoes split open. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat the coconut milk in the same skillet. Add the spices and cook until the sauce reduces a little
- Add back in the vegetables, the chicken and continue cooking.
- Add the cooked pasta and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Plate and top with the cojita cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?