Who doesn’t love a good chicken salad chick cookie? Whether you’re craving something sweet or savoury, these little treats are perfect for your cravings. Made with tender chicken and creamy mayonnaise, they’re the perfect combination of flavorful and creamy.
Plus, they’re easy to make – mix some ingredients, and you’re ready to go! So why not give them a try next time you have a craving? You won’t be disappointed.
What is a chicken salad chick cookie? In short, it is a delicious and nutritious treat made from chicken salad and chocolate chip cookies. The chicken salad chick cookie was created in 2009 by blogger Shauna James Ahern and has since become an online sensation.
The mixture of chicken salad and chocolate chip cookies makes for a hearty yet sweet snack that Everyone can enjoy anytime. Whether you are looking for a quick and easy breakfast or something to enjoy as a late-night snack, the chicken salad chick cookie is worth trying!
Chicken Salad Chick Cookie Recipe
- 1 p cooking spray
- 2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt divided
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper divided
- ¾ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup mayonnaise or more to taste
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup sweet relish
- 3 p stalks green onions white and light green parts only, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Lightly coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Season chicken evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and onion powder. Place in the prepared baking dish and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until juices run clear and chicken shreds easily, about 1 hour 20 minutes; don’t overcook. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Remove from the oven, uncover, and let sit until cool enough to handle, about 15 minutes. Reserve any accumulated chicken broth.
- Prepare dressing while chicken cools. Combine 1 cup mayonnaise, sour cream, relish, green onions, parsley, Dijon, lemon juice, dill, and remaining salt and pepper in a large bowl; mix until well combined.
- Break chicken into large pieces and place in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse 3 to 5 times to shred chicken to desired consistency.
- Transfer chicken to a bowl. Add celery and pour dressing over top; toss to coat. If more moisture is desired, add reserved broth or more mayonnaise.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours (or up to 2 days) before serving. Stir well before serving.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?