The Chicken modiga recipe is a dish that is enjoyed by many. It is a simple and easy recipe that can be made in a matter of minutes.
Chicken modiga is a dish that is made with chicken breasts that are cooked in tomato sauce. The dish is popular in Italy, Greece and Cyprus.
How to make a Chicken Modiga
Do you love chicken modiga?
If so, you’re in for a treat! This simple yet delicious recipe is perfect for any meal – it’s quick and easy to make, and will help you get everything you need to make a big batch of this popular chicken dish.
Plus, it’s a great source of protein and healthy fats. So what are you waiting for? Give this chicken modiga recipe a try today!
Ingredients For Chicken Modiga
- A chicken weighing between one and two pounds
- One diced onion, one chopped green bell pepper, and two minced garlic cloves
- Olive oil, 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- A Pinch of Chili Powder
- One-fourth of a teaspoon of dried oregano
- Adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Canned tomatoes, diced, 6 ounces, undrained
- Black beans from a can drained and rinsed, plus 2 cups of chicken broth
- a red bell pepper, diced, for flavoring
- Minimize 2 garlic cloves
- You’ll need 4 tablespoons of lime juice.
Step By Step Instructions To Make Chicken Modiga
Olive oil should be heated in a big skillet over moderate heat.
Sauté the onions and peppers for about 5 minutes, or until they have softened.
Cook the garlic for a further minute, or until the flavor has developed. The chicken should be added and cooked for a further minute.
Mix in the crushed tomatoes with the tomato paste and the tomato juice (if using). Simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender, bringing to a boil first.
To taste, season with salt and pepper.
After taking it off the heat, add the black beans and mix well.
Chicken Modiga Recipe
- 1-2 lbs chicken
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 oz can diced tomatoes undrained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil until hot.
- Add onions and bell peppers and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and continue cooking for another minute or until fragrant. Add in the chicken and sauté for an additional minute.
- Add in the diced tomatoes with their juice and tomato sauce (if using). Bring to a boil before reducing heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and stir in black beans,
Chicken Modiga is a crowd-pleasing, hearty, and tasty dish. Tender chicken is smothered in a savory and spicy tomato sauce that makes this dish suitable for any celebration.
This recipe is perfect for a special occasion or a weeknight dinner because it is both impressive and tasty. Try some Chicken Modiga and see for yourself how delicious it is.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?