Need a new recipe? Smoked cream cheese is excellent! This creamy and smokey spread is ideal for crackers, sandwiches, and vegetable dips. It’s simple to make and customizable for smokiness.
It’s also ideal for entertaining or snacking. Follow these steps to make smoked cream cheese at home. Try this recipe—you won’t regret it!
Best Smoked Cream Cheese Recipe
Homemade smoked cream cheese has several benefits. First, you may customize the ingredients and smokiness. Add herbs and spices to taste.
Making smoked cream cheese is a fun and rewarding cooking hobby. Making cheese with family or friends is easy.
Homemade smoked cream cheese makes a tasty and unique party spread. It’s adaptable and a fantastic conversation starter, pairing well with crackers, bread, and vegetables.
Finally, handmade smoked cream cheese is cheaper than store-bought and requires fewer ingredients.
Smoked Cream Cheese Ingredients
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 1/4 tsp onion powder (optional)
How To Make Smoked Cream Cheese From Scratch?
In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, liquid smoke, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder (if using). Mix until well combined.
Place the mixture into a small cheesecloth-lined colander or strainer.
Allow the mixture to drain in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or until the desired consistency is reached.
Remove the cheese from the cheesecloth and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Can I use a different type of cheese instead of cream cheese?
While cream cheese is the traditional choice for this recipe, you can experiment with other types of cheese, such as goat cheese or mascarpone. Keep in mind that the texture and flavor may be slightly different.
Can I add other flavors to the smoked cream cheese?
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with different herbs and spices to add some extra flavor to the cream cheese. Some popular options include dill, chives, and cayenne pepper.
Can I smoke the cream cheese on a grill or smoker?
While you can definitely smoke cream cheese using a grill or smoker, the liquid smoke in the recipe gives you the same smoky flavor without the need for special equipment.
How To Serve Homemade Smoked Cream Cheese?
To make homemade smoked cream cheese, blend cream cheese, salt, and any herbs or seasonings. Next, put the cream cheese in a container and smoke it with wood chips for a while (usually about 2 hours).
To blend flavors, chill the cream cheese for at least an hour after smoking. After chilling, spread cream cheese on crackers, toast, bagels, or sandwiches. Cream cheese should be refrigerated in an airtight container.
How To Store Smoked Cream Cheese?
To keep homemade smoked cream cheese fresh and contaminant-free, store it in an airtight container.
To avoid chemical interactions that could damage cream cheese taste and texture, choose a non-reactive container like glass or plastic. To avoid microbial growth, refrigerate cream cheese.
Use it within 3–4 weeks for optimal quality and taste. Before using cream cheese, check for sour smells or mold to extend its shelf life.
Smoked Cream Cheese Recipe
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder optional
- 1/4 tsp onion powder optional
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, liquid smoke, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder (if using). Mix until well combined.
- Place the mixture into a small cheesecloth-lined colander or strainer.
- Allow the mixture to drain in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or until the desired consistency is reached.
- Remove the cheese from the cheesecloth and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Use high-quality cream cheese with a consistent texture and acidic flavor to make smoked cream cheese. This ensures smooth and tasty results. Use different wood chips to flavor cream cheese. Hickory and apple wood chips are sweet and smokey, while mesquite wood chips are bold and robust. Try different wood chips for different flavors.
- Overheating the cream cheese during smoking might separate or soften it. 100–120°F is ideal.
- To flavor cream cheese, add garlic powder, dill, or pepper. To make it spicier, add blue, cheddar, or hot sauce.
- Finally, taste the cream cheese as you go to confirm flavor and consistency. You can modify before smoking.
Smoking cream cheese enhances cheese platters and sandwiches. You can make many excellent smoked cream cheeses with a little ingenuity and experimentation.
Using high-quality cream cheese, experimenting with wood chips, monitoring the smoking temperature, and adding herbs and seasonings, you can make a delicious and unique smoked cream cheese that will be the focus of your next party.
Don’t be scared to experiment with smoking cream cheese—you may be pleasantly surprised!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?