Looking for a delicious, Thailand-inspired noodle sauce recipe? In the realm of culinary delights, Thai cuisine stands out for its vibrant flavors and complex combinations of ingredients.
When it comes to Thai noodle dishes, a well-crafted sauce is the key to creating an authentic and unforgettable culinary experience.
While various ready-made sauces are available in the market, nothing beats the satisfaction of preparing your homemade Maesri Thai Noodle Sauce.
How to Make Maesri Thai Noodle Sauce
This article delves into the art of creating a compelling 2-cup batch of this sauce, providing a detailed guide to help you master the process in your kitchen.
This sauce is made from a mixture of hot and sour spices and is perfect for adding flavor to your food.
With so many different variations, it’s sure to be the perfect sauce for your next meal!
Ingredients of Maesri Thai Noodle Sauce
- 1 cup basmati rice rinsed and drained
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. honey
Cook the rice according to package instructions. Drain any excess water.
In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the onion and carrot in olive oil until softened.
Add the green bell pepper and red bell pepper and sauté until the vegetables are softened. Stir in the ground ginger, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
Add the chicken broth and soy sauce to the skillet and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 25 minutes or until everything is cooked through.
Remove from heat and stir in honey. Serve with cooked rice on top
How do I use Namya Maesri Thai noodle sauce?
Sauce for Noodle Dishes: Toss with cooked noodles, vegetables, and protein for authentic Thai noodle dishes like Pad Thai or Drunken Noodles.
Dipping Sauce: Serve with spring rolls or dumplings for a tangy and savory flavor.
Marinade: Marinate meats or seafood before grilling or roasting to infuse them with a Thai-inspired taste.
Flavor Booster: Add to soups, broths, rice, and grain bowls for an extra burst of flavor.
Condiment: Use as a spread or dressing in sandwiches, wraps, or any dish that needs a Thai twist.
Maesri Thai Noodle Sauce Recipe
- ½ cup: Soy sauce This savory base imparts depth and umami to the sauce.
- 2 tablespoons Tamarind concentrate Tamarind adds a delightful tanginess to the sauce.
- 2 tablespoons Palm sugar This natural sweetener balances the flavors and adds a touch of caramel-like richness.
- 1 tablespoons Fish sauce A staple in Thai cuisine, fish sauce enhances the overall taste profile.
- 1 tablespoons Lime juice 1 tablespoon: The zesty acidity of lime juice brightens the sauce.
- Optional ingredients for customization:
- ½ teaspoon Thai chili flakes Add a spicy kick for those who enjoy heat.
- Garlic 2 cloves, minced: Introduce a hint of pungency and aroma.
- Shallots 1 small, finely chopped: These mild onions contribute a subtle sweetness.
- Cilantro 2 tablespoons, chopped: For a refreshing herbal note, cilantro is a fantastic choice.
Preparing the sauce base:
- In a small saucepan, combine the soy sauce, tamarind concentrate, palm sugar, fish sauce, and lime juice.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and stir the mixture until the palm sugar dissolves completely.
- Bring the sauce to a gentle simmer and let it cook for 2-3 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
Adding flavors and seasonings:
- If desired, add Thai chili flakes, minced garlic, and finely chopped shallots to the sauce.
- Stir the sauce gently, ensuring the additional ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Continue simmering the sauce for an additional 5 minutes to infuse the flavors.
Adjusting the consistency:
- If you prefer a thicker sauce, allow it to simmer for a few more minutes until it reaches your desired thickness.
- Conversely, if you prefer a thinner consistency, you can add a small amount of water or lime juice to achieve the desired texture.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?