Dole Coleslaw is the ideal side dish if you’re in the mood for something crisp and energizing. It’s not only incredibly simple to make, but it also tastes great.
You can tell it’s a Dole Coleslaw since the cabbage and other veggies in it are all from the Dole brand. Slaw, or cole slaw, is a type of salad made from finely diced raw cabbage and other vegetables and topped with mayonnaise or vinegar.
How To Make Dole Coleslaw
Dole Coleslaw is most commonly made with finely chopped cabbage, carrots, and other vegetables coated in a mayonnaise or vinegar-based sauce. As a condiment or topping for sandwiches and burgers, it is most commonly consumed.
Here is a detailed tutorial for making Dole Coleslaw at home:
Ingredients For Dole Coleslaw
- 1 bag of Dole mixed cabbage (or about 5 cups of finely chopped cabbage and carrots)
- 50 ml of mayonnaise
- White vinegar, 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 14 teaspoons of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
Step By Step Instructions To Make Dole Coleslaw
Step 1: Make the mixture of cabbage.
Simply open the Dole cabbage mix bag and dump the contents into a sizable mixing bowl if you’re using one. If using fresh vegetables, finely chop the carrots and cabbage before adding them to the mixing bowl.
Make the dressing in Step 2
Mix the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper in a separate small bowl until thoroughly blended.
Step 3: Mix the cabbage mixture with the dressing.
When everything is thoroughly coated, drizzle the dressing over the mixture of cabbage.
Step 4: Refresh and serve
To allow the flavors to mingle, wrap the bowl in plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for at least an hour. The cabbage will get a little bit softer, as a result, making it simpler to consume. Give the slaw a nice stir when you’re ready to serve, and then take a bite.
Advice and alternatives To Make Dole Coleslaw
You can increase the amount of mayonnaise in the dressing by 1/4 cup if you prefer a creamier coleslaw.
The amount of vinegar can be increased to 3 tablespoons, and the amount of mayonnaise can be decreased to 1/4 cup, for a tangier flavor.
Greek yogurt or sour cream can be substituted for mayonnaise if you’re not a fan of it.
You can add shredded carrots, red onion, bell pepper, or apples to the cabbage mixture for more crunch and flavor.
You can throw some diced jalapeño peppers or a dash of cayenne pepper into the dressing to give your coleslaw a little kick.
What is the dressing made of in coleslaw?
Mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, and seasonings make coleslaw dressing. A simple coleslaw dressing includes:
- Mayonnaise: This makes the dressing creamy and binds the ingredients.
- Vinegar: Balances mayonnaise’s richness with tanginess. Coleslaw dressing uses white, apple cider, or rice vinegar.
- Sugar: Sweetens and balances vinegar’s acidity.
- Salt and pepper: They enhance the dressing’s flavors.
Add mustard, sour cream, yogurt, or honey to the dressing for flavor and creaminess. Herbs, spices, and other ingredients can give coleslaw a unique flavor.
Dole Coleslaw Recipe
- 1 bag of Dole cabbage mix or about 5 cups of finely chopped cabbage and carrots
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- If you're using a bag of Dole cabbage mix, simply open it and pour the contents into a large mixing bowl.
- If you're using fresh cabbage and carrots, finely chop them and add them to the mixing bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Step 4: Add the dressing to the cabbage mix
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mix and stir until everything is well coated.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour to allow the flavors to meld. This will also help to soften the cabbage a bit, making it easier to eat. When you’re ready to serve, give the coleslaw a good stir and enjoy!
Dole Coleslaw is a versatile side dish that is quick and simple to prepare. Everyone will love it whether you serve it at a summertime BBQ, use it as a burger topping, or just munch on it. Why not give it a shot and see for yourself just how tasty Dole Coleslaw can be?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?