Making a Zinger Mountain Melt at home is a fun and delicious way to enjoy one of America’s most popular appetizers. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make a homemade version of this spicy Zinger Mountain Melt:
Ingredients For Zinger Mountain Melt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Canola oil, for frying
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 slices of cooked bacon
- Mayo or your favorite sauce
How To Make Zinger Mountain Melt
- Begin by preparing the chicken. If the chicken breasts are large, slice them in half horizontally to create thin cutlets. Place the chicken in a bowl and pour the buttermilk over it.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours. This will help to tenderize the chicken and give it a moist, juicy texture.
- In a shallow dish, mix together the flour, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Heat about 1 inch of oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pan over medium-high heat until it reaches 375°F.
- Remove the chicken from the buttermilk and discard the buttermilk. Dip the chicken in the flour mixture, coating it evenly on both sides.
- Carefully place the coated chicken in the hot oil and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until it is golden brown and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the oil and place it on a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- While the chicken is cooking, toast the hamburger buns on a griddle or in a toaster until they are lightly browned.
- Assemble the sandwiches by placing a slice of cheese on the bottom half of each bun. Top the cheese with a slice of bacon and a fried chicken patty. Spread a small amount of mayo or your favorite sauce on the top half of the bun and place it on top of the sandwich.
- Serve the sandwiches immediately, while they are still hot.
Optional toppings Zinger Mountain Melt
- Sliced onions
You can also try experimenting with different sauces or spices to create your own unique twist on the Zinger Mountain Melt. For example, you could try using a different type of cheese, or adding some hot sauce to the mayo for an extra kick. The possibilities are endless!
I hope this recipe helps you to recreate the delicious flavor of KFC’s Zinger Mountain Melt at home. With a little bit of effort, you can enjoy this spicy sandwich anytime you want.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?