Gordon Ramsay’s Chicken Pot Pie Recipe is the perfect dish to enjoy at your next gathering! This easy recipe is made with fresh, simple ingredients and will leave everyone smiling.
Gordon Ramsay is a professional chef and television personality who has become well-known for his different food as well as his Chicken Pot Pie recipe.
This dish is a popular food item in his restaurant, Ramsay’s Kitchen, and can be found on the menu in most locations.
The recipe for the dish consists of pie crusts frozen in water, thawed and shaped into a ball, adding butter and flour to create a sticky dough that is then crumbled into the mixture of chicken broth and onions.
What Is Pot Pie?
Pot pie is a savoury dish of meat and vegetables cooked in a deep dish covered with a single pie crust.
It is popular comfort food in the United States, and it can be found in most restaurants.
The dish was historically made with Unleavened dough, but many modern recipes use puff pastry or even cake dough.
What to Serve With Chicken Pot Pie?
If you’re looking for a dish to serve with your Chicken Pot Pie, consider some mashed potatoes or macaroni and cheese.
Gordon Ramsay Chicken Pot Pie Variations
Here are a few variations to consider when making your chicken pot pie:
- Vegetable Medley Pot Pie: Add a colorful array of seasonal vegetables to the filling, such as carrots, peas, corn, and green beans, for a vibrant and nutritious twist.
- Seafood Pot Pie: Replace the chicken with an assortment of seafood, such as shrimp, scallops, and white fish, to create a delightful seafood pot pie. Add a touch of lemon zest and dill for a burst of freshness.
- Turkey and Cranberry Pot Pie: Substitute the chicken with leftover roasted turkey from your Thanksgiving feast. Add a dollop of cranberry sauce to balance the savory flavors with a hint of sweetness.
While the traditional ingredients in Gordon Ramsay’s Chicken Pot Pie recipe are sublime, it’s always helpful to have substitution options in case of dietary restrictions or ingredient unavailability.
Here are some substitutes you can try:
- Gluten-Free Option: Replace the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend, and use a gluten-free pie crust or puff pastry.
- Vegetarian Twist: Swap the chicken for firm tofu or cooked lentils to create a satisfying vegetarian pot pie. Enhance the flavors by adding smoked paprika and nutritional yeast.
- Dairy-Free Alternative: Instead of heavy cream, use coconut or non-dairy milk to achieve a creamy texture.
What Does Gordon Ramsay’s Chicken Pot Pie Taste Like?
Gordon Ramsay’s Chicken Pot Pie is a harmonious combination of tender chicken, aromatic vegetables, and a rich, velvety sauce, all enveloped in a flaky pastry crust.
Each bite offers a symphony of comforting, satisfying, and undeniably delicious flavors.
The succulent chicken, the sweetness of the vegetables, and the buttery pastry combine to create a nostalgic and gourmet taste.
Gordon Ramsay Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless Chicken
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 carrots diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 2/3 cups 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 5 large eggs beaten
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, sauté onions and carrots in garlic until softened. Add chicken breasts and cook until browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes per side.
- Add chicken broth to pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Add butter to the pot and simmer for 5 minutes just until melted. Add eggs and scramble until set. Stir in parsley before serving.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?